Senior Software Engineer - Cloud
Tempered Networks is seeking a software engineering expert in cloud and virtual infrastructure with experience in networking/security to help us expand our product portfolio. We are seeking an experienced software engineer who can dive into a network security architecture, understand it completely, and devise ways to enhance our secure networking orchestration.
- Design, develop, and maintain features in a full stack web application utilizing cloud and virtual infrastructures.
- Create an easy end user experience
- Contribute to the overall product suite architecture & design
- Contribute to the evolution and refinement of the development process
- Collaborate with test engineers to ship rock solid products
- Operating systems include Linux, primarily Ubuntu and CentOS.
- Strong programming skills including Java and one or more scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, or Bash
- Experience with APIs for AWS and Azure
- Experience with TCP/IP and knowledgeable with common standard IP protocols such as ARP, IP, ICMP, UDP, GRE.
- Strong systems, development, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with network virtualization hypervisors on VMware, KVM, Virtual Box, or Xen
- Experience in managing networks using orchestration such as vSphere, Cloudstack, or Openstack
- Experience with Linux networking configuration especially with bridging, iptables, iproute2, tcpdump, dnsmasq
- Self-starter with the ability to work with others on large projects.
- Deliver high quality, sustainable products.
- Hypervisor networking technologies such as DPDK (Intel) and SR-IOV NIC partitioning.
- Experience with large-scale network deployment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong team leadership skills are required.
- Experience working with and building application using RESTful APIs supporting both JSON and XML.
- A Computer Science degree or related experience.
Please apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tempered Networks is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tempered Networks does not accept 3rd party candidate submissions.