Senior Software Engineer - DataPlane
Tempered Networks is seeking an expert in network protocols and hardware performance to expand the scope of our products. We run on everything from small embedded systems to high performance multi-core systems. We are seeking an experienced software engineer who can dive into a network protocol implementation, understand it completely, and invent new ways to make it better, faster and more robust, even in the face of dangerous attackers’ intent on breaking the security of our system.
- Work with cutting edge hardware such as the latest cores and acceleration hardware
- Understand and implement new features of our exciting network protocol, Host Identity Protocol
- Work with customers to understand their requirements and develop broad ranging features that solve their problems
- Work with a collaborative, dedicated and seasoned team of engineers
- Optimize network protocols
- Optimize many types of hardware
- Build a scalable and sustainable Linux system
- At least 5 years of experience in network programming in C
- A deep understanding of network protocols; how to improve their performance and make them secure at the same time.
- BSEE or BSCS or higher
- Permission to work in the US
- Experience with scripting languages such as ruby
- Experience with cross-compiling Linux build systems and how to optimize them
- Experience with customers; understanding their needs and inventing solutions that solve their problems
- Low-level understanding of Ethernet, TCP/IP and the OSI model
- Experience with small embedded systems
- Previous experience as a team lead
Please apply: email@example.com
Tempered Networks is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tempered Networks does not accept 3rd party candidate submissions.